- Courses online
Online training for choral work pop/jazz with Erik Sohn
1. rehearsal work about Zoom
Online seminar in two modules (can also be booked individually)
1. rehearsal work via Zoom - Thursday, 17.09.2020, 15:00 to 17:30
The last weeks and months have shown that despite the corona-induced digital hype, rehearsal work with the entire choir in one room cannot be replaced one-to-one by video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, as simultaneous music making and listening are not possible. Nevertheless, video platforms enable various methods of rehearsal work that can complement regular rehearsal work even after the pandemic.
The seminar deals
in the first part with:
- the technical requirements: what is necessary, what brings additional advantages.
- helpful settings of the Zoom program.
- tools such as a cell phone as a second camera.
- the creation of playback material for the rehearsal.
in the second part with:
- rehearsal work via Zoom.
- an adapted rehearsal methodology.
- the independent small group work in the breakout rooms.
2. arranging for pop choir - Friday, 18.09.2020, 15:00 to 17:30
The seminar provides an insight into arranging work and offers both beginners basic tips and considerations, as well as advanced students new or complementary impulses for their own work.
- Prerequisites and basic considerations for an arrangement.
- Development of own ideas: Playful experimentation with rhythms and sounds. Small excursion with GarageBand.
- Exemplary approach based on the arrangement of A Line In The Sand by Linkin Park.
- Arrangement examples: what works, what doesn't.
In the un-up to the training, the prerequisites and needs of the participants will be asked in order to be able to adapt the contents of the seminar.
This course is recognized by the Pädagogisches Landesinstitut Rheinland-Pfalz under Az. MA.2052 as serving official interests.